Listening to mobile phones is the main thing as a matter of fact.
Currently, the media is paying much attention to the subject of wiretapping. There are many reasons for the appearance of various kinds of publications devoted to this issue, and we will not disclose them in this article. Let us try, without going into technical and organizational subtleties, to single out the main thing in essence.
Listening to telephone conversations is part of a set of covert investigative investigative actions. The right to conduct them, in accordance with the law, is vested in the police, SBU, NABU, the State Security Bureau and other state bodies that conduct operational-search activities.
Listening complexes are available for each mobile operator, on each telephone exchange. Their installation is required and regulated by Art. 39th Law “On Telecommunications”.
Private detective agencies and security services in business structures may engage in illegal wiretapping. Entire complexes are presented on the Internet market that allow you to listen to subscribers within a radius of a kilometer. True, pleasure is far from cheap – the cost of equipment ranges from several tens of thousands of dollars to several hundred thousand.
Legends and reality.
1. Intelligence services are listening to the whole broadcast. Not true. That would be too costly. Only specific phones are tapped.
2. The equipment is triggered by keywords. True. Such a program exists – not all negotiations are recorded, but only excerpts of conversations where there are the desired words. But again, this is not about the whole broadcast, but only about specific phones.
3. Smartphones can spy on hosts. True. And not only smartphones, but also the latest models of expensive phones. They may have an attachment that automatically listens for conversations. In rare cases, such a program may work even in an inactive phone.
4. The simpler the phone, the easier it is to listen. Not true. In cheap phone models, the ability to implement spyware attachments is simply absent.
5. A stationary device is easier to listen to than a mobile one. Not true. To listen to a landline phone, the mobile complex is not suitable. Mobile can be heard using radio interception.
6. Audition can be identified by interference. Not true. Finding out that your phone is being listened to is almost impossible. No one else’s ear creates any interference. On the contrary, you hear the interlocutor very clearly.
Now, based on the foregoing, let us draw a few simple conclusions together.
1. Yes. Technically control of telephone conversations can be carried out almost always.
2. Not all private entities can afford the acquisition of expensive interception equipment. We add here the illegality of wiretapping by such structures.
3. Trying to independently establish the fact of wiretapping is an almost useless exercise.
4. To counteract persons illegally using interception systems, it makes sense to install specially designed software applications on your phone that provide some protection (for example, give the owner information about the configuration settings of the current communication session, identify false base stations, etc. )
And finally. Let’s be realistic. Is awareness of the existence of such threats to serve as a motive for anyone to refuse to use mobile services?